As competition increases in every industry, a company podcast may allow your organization to stand out amongst competitors while keeping your listeners informed about the topics that interest them most. Consider the following benefits and drawbacks of product creation to simplify the creation process for your company’s podcasts.
Why Should Your Organization Begin a Company Podcast?
Regardless of the industry in which your organization operates, company leaders and staff must take action to develop a solid online presence. But in the digital era, your organization’s online presence comprises more than a few social media posts. Digital mediums of communication like podcasting allow members of your organization to form a personal connection with your audience.
In the past, when people had longer attention spans and technology was not as pervasive, reading in-depth novels about topics of interest was common. However, modern technology has allowed people to educate themselves about various issues while commuting to the office, cleaning their home, or preparing a home cooked meal.
A high-quality business podcast presents a unique opportunity to support your organization’s digital marketing efforts and diversify your revenue streams. Your organization’s podcast is a marketing tool that simultaneously humanizes experts within your organization and establishes your company as a voice of authority within your industry. As a result, your pool of clients, customers, and employees will expand as you address industry concerns.
The Most Important AV Technology for Podcasting
Since your podcast represents your organization, you must have audiovisual equipment to create a high-quality podcast easily. Since the ideal place to capture audio or visual content for your company podcast is in a quiet, secluded conference room, consult audiovisual integration specialists to find the right AC conference room equipment:
- High-End Digital Cameras will ensure that your video content appears high quality when you upload it to video streaming platforms. Most companies use digital cameras that are suitable for capturing long-form video content.
- External Microphones for podcasting are often handheld so the speakers can ensure clear audio. Utilizing a built-in microphone on a camera or laptop will make it challenging for listeners to hear information adequately. For the best audio quality, choose a condenser microphone, known for its ability to pick up on subtle changes in vocal tone.
- An Audio Mixer may be necessary if you plan to record and release a live podcast. However, if you intend to have multiple hosts, a podcasting mixer will enable you to consolidate numerous speakers’ audio signals into a signal audio file. Some audio interfaces are equipped with audio mixers within one device to mitigate this issue.
- Video Recording and Editing Software is a must-have to ensure complete control over your final product. With the right software, you have the opportunity to merge files, enhance audio levels, and more.
How to Launch Your Company’s Podcast with the Right AV Conference Room Equipment
Creating, recording, and launching a company podcast can be challenging, but with the right strategy, your organization can leverage the power of podcasting to become a thought leader in your industry. Enact the following steps to streamline the creation and launch of your company podcast.
1. Identify Your Organization’s Announcement Process
Upon committing to creating a company podcast, inform the company about these plans. Rather than relying on a single outreach strategy, ensure this information is readily available through several different communication mediums. For instance, if your organization has a monthly email with important announcements, you could include information about your podcast within the emails and share it through Microsoft Teams and Slack.
2. Acquire the Assistance of a Distribution Team
Sometimes, you may need other staff members to assist throughout the distribution process. If your organization is large, you will need multiple people to access data that will streamline your podcast distribution process. For example, suppose you’re interested in emailing information about your company podcast but don’t have access to everyone’s email address. In that case, you may need to contact multiple people to obtain this information.
3. Establish an Approval Process
If your organization is expansive, you may need help from someone with the knowledge and authority to approve each episode of your podcast before sharing it with the world. However, the team you need to contact may vary depending on the content of each podcast episode. If you have an episode about sales, you will need to reach out to the sales team to approve the content. The same principle will apply to other topics as well. It’s in your best interest to establish the approval process early on so that you do not experience difficulties later down the line.
4. Define the Recording Process
Shortly after completing the first episode of your company podcast, it is essential to establish a cohesive recording process that others within your organization can replicate. Keep a record of these steps and ensure they are stored within a document accessible to your team members. Create documentation complete with procedures that detail your recording process, from the environment in which you record your podcasts to techniques for editing the podcast. As the scope of your podcast expands, you will have the opportunity to outsource each element of your process to team members.
5. Track Your Metrics
Upon releasing your company’s podcast, monitor every metric related to its performance. You can leverage this information to improve the podcast’s overall quality and meet company initiatives as you accrue data. Most company podcasts keep track of the subscriber count, their best performing episodes, and how long listeners stay tuned into each episode. As your audience expands, your organization will establish itself as the brand that connects thought leaders and educates your audience. Remember, the entire podcast process is only successful if you start with the right AV conference room equipment.